802.11k and 802.11v WPA supplicant

Dennis Bland dennis at dbperformance.com
Sun Nov 8 00:46:30 EST 2020

> Are there any flags that enable 802.11k and v features
> in the wpa_supplicant config file?

Not directly.  You would need to extend "disable_btm" in the
wpa_suppliant code to be configurable from wpa_cli and/or the
wpa_supplicant.conf file.  Having said that, when you include
CONFIG_WNM in the build config, 802.11v BSS Transition Management is
enabled in the supplicant by default.

When wpa_supplicant starts up, it queries the driver capabilities and
will only enable 802.11k or 802.11v if the appropriate support is
available from the driver.  I am not sure if the ath9k ever supported
802.11k/v (it is supported in ath10k).