802.11k and 802.11v WPA supplicant

Deepti Bairineni deeptirao.neni at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 17:26:07 EST 2020

Are there any flags that enable 802.11k and v features
in the wpa_supplicant config file?
The purpose is to enable roaming of a client between
different APs with the same SSID using 802.11k and v.
The wifi client driver is ath9k and the underlying OS is Linux.
Both support the protocols. WPA_supplicant version is 2.8.
WPA_supplicant was compiled with CONFIG_WNM flag.
CONFIG_MBO is not enabled.

Neighbor report and BSS transition are enabled on the AP side,
the beacon frames confirm that.
However the wifi client's association and probe requests
captured on wireshark do not have BSS transition enabled.
So, I want to make sure that wpa_supplicant and client are set
up correctly to request neighbor frames on Linux.

Any input is really appreciated.
Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Regards,
DB.