DPP2 Enrollee Chirp Response

Schmidt, Wystan W Wystan.Schmidt at charter.com
Thu Jul 23 14:11:44 EDT 2020

Hi,

How do I get hostapd to listen for a DPP enrollee chirp and respond with a DPP Authentication Request?

On the enrollee side from the CLI I can run:

>dpp_bootstrap_gen type=qrcode
>raw DPP_CHIRP own=1 iter=5

On the hostapd side I can add a configurator and the enrollee URI:

>dpp_configurator_add
>raw SET dpp_configurator_params conf=sta-dpp ssid=<ssid_hex> configurator=1
>dpp_qr_code <URI from enrollee>

What should I do next on the hostapd side to have it listen for the enrollee chirp and respond with an Authentication Request?

I’ve tried using dpp_listen.

Thanks,
Wystan Schmidt
Charter Communications

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.