[SOLVED, more or less] Re: Upgraded Win (7->10) laptop no longer connects to hostapd AP; errors: deauthenticated due to {local deauth request , inactivity} ?

PGNet Dev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 16:24:12 PDT 2017

On 10/6/17 11:07 AM, PGNet Dev wrote:
> I've got a working hostapd setup -- accessible from all devices on 2.4G & 5G, except for an upgraded (Win7 -> Win10) laptop.
>
> The laptop worked OK under Win7; no longer under Win10.

It appears the 'fix' for this errant Win10 client is

	edit hostapd.conf
		+	wpa_pairwise=TKIP CCMP
		-	rsn_pairwise=TKIP CCMP
		+	rsn_pairwise=CCMP
		-	wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK-SHA256 WPA-PSK
		+	wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK

It now connects.

I do not yet know if this is an inherent problem in Win10, or a
faulty/inadequate setup, or an issue in hostapd.

I'm betting on a prob in Win10 ... odd that a clean-installed &
fully-updated Win7 has no such problem.