scanning/wpa client while in hostapd mode

Fred Ollinger Fred.Ollinger at seescan.com
Mon Mar 7 10:25:57 PST 2016

Most Android phones allow for one to connect to an access point as a client and to serve an access point at the same time to allow a computer with wifi to connect to the Internet via one's mobile plan.

I'm trying to do the same with hostapd, but it seems like when wpa_supplicant is running, hostapd fails.

Is there a workaround? If so, can you please point out where in the documentation? If there is no documentation, but this is a feature we have, I'll be happy to document this from the source code if pointed in the right direction.

Sincerely,

Frederick