Enable VHT and set its channel width

Blanquicet-Melendez Jose (MM) jose.blanquicet-melendez at magnetimarelli.com
Thu Jun 23 01:01:31 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

In our system we are constrained to use wpa_supplicant and not hostapd to enable/configure AP mode. Our chip supports up to 802.11ac (VHT) mode and we are trying to enable it using only wpa_supplicant but we have not be able so far.

Using hostapd we was able to set the system in VHT to verify hw capabilities. So, we tried the following network configuration with wpa_supplicant to do the same and it successfully started but in 802.11n (HT) mode. There is something we are missing?

add_network
set_network 0 ssid "Marvel-AP"
set_network 0 mode 2
set_network 0 psk "123456789"
set_network 0 auth_alg OPEN
set_network 0 pairwise CCMP TKIP
set_network 0 group CCMP TKIP
set_network 0 frequency 5180
set_network 0 vht_capa 868250096
set_network 0 vht_rx_mcs_nss_1 2
set_network 0 vht_tx_mcs_nss_1 2
set_network 0 disable_ht 0
set_network 0 disable_vht 0
select_network 0

Additionally, we have not found any parameter to set the channel width because this parameter is present in the VHT Operations and not in VHT Capabilities (Which clearly can be set using vht_capa). Is it possible to set this parameter?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Jose Blanquicet

VISITA IL NOSTRO NUOVO SITO WEB! - VISIT OUR NEW WEB SITE! www.magnetimarelli.com

Confidential Notice: This message - including its attachments - may contain proprietary, confidential and/or legally protected information and is intended solely for the use of the designated addressee(s) above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any downloading, copying, disclosure, distribution or use of the contents of the above information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication by mistake, please forward the message back to the sender at the email address above, delete the message from all mailboxes and any other electronic storage medium and destroy all copies.
Disclaimer Notice: Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be safe or error-free. Therefore we do not assure that this message is complete or accurate and we do not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message.