Disable AP functionality per interface?

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Fri Jul 1 10:57:09 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 01, 2016 at 09:42:39AM +0000, Blanquicet-Melendez Jose (MM) wrote:
> In 7a808c7eb70e213164f250645ef65231fc8a1590 was added a patch to allow P2P functionality to be disabled per interface. Then f91e11f465caf14126a3528dc2edceed963c2993 complemented it by avoiding to report p2p capabilities for the interface where p2p was disabled.
>
> Does exist the same feature to AP? Does there exist a procedure to disabled AP functionality per interface and avoid to report it as a capability?

There is no such functionality. What would be the use case for this? For
P2P, there are actually changes in behavior while disabling AP
capability would not result in any difference that I can see apart from
rejecting some commands. In other words, I'd rather do this at higher
layer (i.e., do not issue those commands to wpa_supplicant).