P2P Events Not Received on monitoring socket

Jouni Malinen j at w1.fi
Sun Apr 24 01:34:49 PDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 08:34:35PM +0000, Padmanabha, Seshadri K. wrote:
> Here are the steps we follow to kick off WPA supplicant
>
> 1) wpa_supplicant  -g/var/run/wpa_supplicant-global &
> 2) wpa_cli -g/var/run/wpa_supplicant-global interface_add p2pdev0 /etc/p2p.conf wilink

That "wilink" part there seems to imply that this is using some modified
version of wpa_supplicant. No such driver interface exist in the
upstream version and I don't know how this driver interface behaves
especially as far as P2P is concerned. As such, I cannot really help
with this and you would need to talk to whoever supports that modified
version.

> p2p.conf file contains basic configuration information

Similarly, there are parameters here that are not included in upstream.
This mailing list is for the upstream version of wpa_supplicant, not
some proprietary modification of it.