How to connect to hidden SSID

Flavius Lazar lazarflavius88 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 15:05:01 PDT 2016

Hello everybody,

I have to be able to connect to a hidden SSID and to a "normal" SSID
without being able to make a difference between the two of them. I
checked the wpa_supplicant configurations, but it's not clear to me
how should I configure it.

I tried to set ap_scan=2 and then scan_ssid=1 for the configured
network and I managed to connect to a hidden SSID. What impact do they
have when they're configured and I'm connecting to a "normal" SSID (I
know scan_ssid=1 adds latency to scanning, but what about ap_scan=2)?

My card supports only wext driver and wpa_supplicant 0.7.3 (I know it's old...).

Thank you!
Flavius Lazar