Switch-Server authentication

Dan Williams dcbw
Fri Jan 30 07:37:07 PST 2015

On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 16:50 +0530, Sarah Thomas wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Is there a way in which server is authenticated to the switch or vice-versa
> before 802.1x (not through eap methods)?
>
> If so in which RFC, we can read about that?
>
> Which file in hostapd handles it?

Do you mean, that the switch (to which the wired or WiFi client is
connected) and RADIUS server are authenticated to each other?  If so,
typically that's through the RADIUS protocols using a username +
password; when the switch needs to ask the RADIUS server whether a
specific wired/wifi client should be granted access, it sends the a
username + password that is configured on the *switch* to the RADIUS
server, before the EAP stuff starts.

Dan