Creating an access point with wpa_supplicant via dbus interface

Marlon Smith marlon.smith10
Thu Apr 23 13:57:58 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I've written an application that allows a user to connect to a wifi
network.  The application uses the dbus interface of wpa supplicant, and
it works great.

I need a way for the user to be able to configure the system as an
access point as well.  I've tried setting mode=2 and frequency=2412 but
with no luck.  I'm thinking I might have to instead use hostapd, but
that becomes a pain because hostapd kills wpa_supplicant when it starts
and has no dbus interfaces that I can find.

What I'd really like to know is:  is there anyway to use wpa_supplicant
via the dbus interface to configure it as an access point?  If not, are
there any undocumented dbus interfaces that can control hostapd?

Thanks!

Marlon