[802.11r] Is there automatic way to configure it?

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Nov 15 01:56:42 PST 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 09:50:37AM +0100, Adrian Moran wrote:
> Is there any way to configure 11r in the APs in automatic manner? That is
> to say, I think that is mandatory to know, in configuration time, which APs
> are going to conform the 11r network to configure, in each AP, the MAC and
> the key for the other APs.
>
> Beyond the complexity of configuration, this would force to reconfigure all
> the APs in case one AP of the 11r network is changed.

This is all specific to implementation of 802.11r.. In case of the
hostapd implementation, this functionality would be outside the scope of
hostapd and while it could be implemented with an external program that
manages AP configuration, I'm not sure whether anyone has implemented
such a program for this specific purpose.