How to modify wpa_supplicant to read a new SSID configuration parameter

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Jun 16 14:22:49 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 09:02:44AM -0700, Samitha Wijedasa wrote:
> What are the files I need to edit when
> introducing a new parameter ?
>
> I edited,
>
> 1. static const struct parse_data
> ssid_fields[] of config.c and included { INT(snrtresld) },
>

> 2. Edited config_ssid.h and introduce
> "int snrtresld";
>
> with above modifications I can access
> my new parameter from wpa_supplicant.conf files and remove the
> BSSIDs, but above problem persists.

That is the minimum set of changes for adding a new per-network block
parameter if you don't care about updating configuration files. Updating
wpa_config_write_network() will add support for that.

I'd suggest looking for the problem from somewhere else in the logic you
are adding rather than in configuration data parsing.