[Patch v3] supplicant: add dbus getter method for nl80211 iftype

Johannes Berg johannes
Thu Dec 18 00:54:29 PST 2014

On Thu, 2014-12-18 at 13:59 +0530, Avinash Patil wrote:

> Simultaneous AP/STA operations are expected using wpa_supplicant.
> Since mlan0 is interface with smaller ifindex, connman tries to start
> AP operation on mlan0 interface and fails because it cannot change
> iftype.

The cfg80211 API makes no allowance for this - I think you should fix
the driver to be more dynamic.

IOW - the cfg80211 API has a way to say "I support AP, station or IBSS"
but not "I support station on mlan0 and AP or IBSS on a secondary
interface"

johannes