sharing the same wireless interface

Krishna Chaitanya chaitanya.mgit
Wed Mar 20 11:52:50 PDT 2013

I have run in to this issue by running hostapd without stopping
the wpa_supplicant service.

If you run wpa_supplicant and hostapd in the same interface
the management_frame registration will fail for the hostapd
as wpa_supplicant would have already registered for that.

Unless we change that design this might not work.

see "cfg80211_mlme_register_mgmt" in net/wireless/mlme.c