[RFC 06/10] nl80211_driver: add support for P2P device in adding and removing interface

Spinadel, David david.spinadel
Tue Feb 12 22:13:45 PST 2013

> >> For P2P_DEVICE an additional parameter should be given in the
> >> NEW_INTERFACE command to allow wpa_supplicant to determine the
> P2P
> >> device address:
> >>
> >> NLA_PUT(msg, NL80211_ATTR_MAC, ETH_ALEN, p2p_dev_addr);
> >
> > That's not really necessary, unless you want to have a single P2P
> > Device interface shared between multiple devices, no?
>
> Correct, but it seems to make sense to accommodate for it instead of doing
> another patch later on (although the patch went in for v3.9, right?). Just a
> comment, I leave it to David what to do with it.

I don't think it required, since wpa_supplicant has only one P2P state machine, I don't see a reason to deal with more than one P2P device.

David
A member of the Intel Corporation group of companies