adding timer to get the time taken for establishment of the connection

Yogesh Pandey yogesh38726
Mon Apr 15 06:48:44 PDT 2013

Hi,
Firstly since i am new to this and open source i might not know the
protocols of discussion so please i apologize if i make any mistakes .

I am working with hostapd and Wpa_supplicant module i am trying to add
some cryptography libraries and calculate the connection time . can anyone
tell me how to find the connection time to create the connection between
the host and client and  where to put the timer code (both starting and the
end ) .so that i get the output in the terminal .
Os= ubuntu 12.10

Thank in advance

Yogesh Pandey