Can we remove the eloop exception listener?

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Jun 30 03:24:31 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 12:23:08PM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:

> I wanted to remove it mainly because it cannot be properly
> implemented when using poll() because you can't poll just
> for exceptions.

OK.

By the way, I just noticed that the poll() version of eloop seemed to
break WPS external registrar functionality (TCP socket used for HTTP;
i.e., something that needs both read and write events). I haven't had a
chance to look at closer details on what was happening, but the HTTP
connections were timing out in my tests. Going back to select() removed
the issue.

> My plan would be to just fail the debus request to add
> an exception handler and hope that their code can deal
> with that properly (if indeed they use that interface
> at all).
>
> But, I don't have any way of testing this, so perhaps
> it is not worth the effort?

Probably not.. I don't have much time or interest to work on this and I
cannot accept a patch to remove the exception case unless it has been
fully tested to work with D-Bus.