hostap-1.0-rc3 update

Angie Chinchilla angie.v.chinchilla
Wed Feb 15 12:34:42 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 06:16 +1000, Kel Modderman wrote:
> > If you have a patch you feel I've missed, that you would like included, this is your last chance to request it! You can find the current hostap-1.0 tree here:
> > http://hostap.epitest.fi/gitweb/gitweb.cgi?p=hostap-1.git;a=summary
> > or
> > git://w1.fi/srv/git/hostap-1.git

> Are these release candidates going to be formally released for testing or
> only tagged in git as development milestones?

> Bjarke Istrup Pedersen asked the same question on the 02/02/2012 without
> answer and I think other distribution maintainers of hostap software could
> benefit to know also. For myself, I have to see how the hostap release fits
> into the Debian/Ubuntu cycle, and the lack of end user testing of release
> candidates make me a bit more nervous than usual.

Hi Kel,

Apologies. My response to Bjarke was direct and didn't hit the mailing
list.

He specifically asked for a tarball, which I provided via the gitweb
link above. A tarball can be generated by clicking on the link labeled
"snapshot" to the right of the commit.

Does this meet your needs as well? If not, what would you like to see?

I would also prefer to have more end user testing, but that doesn't seem
likely until it gets picked up by one or more of the distributions,
right?

Thanks,
Angie