wpa_supplicant in ad-hoc mode, using wpa on a Linux 3 kernel

Roland Koebler rk-list
Tue Apr 10 16:12:31 PDT 2012

Hi,

> Is it at all possible ? iwconfig and kismet confirm that I keep sending
> in plaintext mode, even when I set a 'psk' in the wpa_supplicant config.
I would also be *very* interested in this. I tried it, but unfortunately
was not successful.

So, is it possible at all to run a WPA encrypted ad-hoc network with Linux?

> The board is an Alix board, Voyage linux 0.8, 3.0 kernel. Device is a
> WLM54AG (atheros).
My device was an USB-WLAN-Stick with Ralink chipset (Ralink 3070L, driver rt2800usb).

regards
Roland