[RFC 00/13] TDLS support for nl80211 drivers

Arik Nemtsov arik
Thu Sep 15 13:02:02 PDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 14:17, Johannes Berg <johannes at sipsolutions.net> wrote:
> So this doesn't make the decision whether to use TDLS or not -- is that
> going to be outside the supplicant? If so, shouldn't that be able to
> figure out whether or not TDLS is supported at all?

Just as Kalyan said - these details are not finalized yet. For now
wpa_supplicant can setup/teardown TDLS links, and there are some
supporting mechanisms to to prevent connections from getting stuck
(notably, the "low ack" feature).

Once such a controlling agent is in place, advertisement shouldn't be
a big deal. We would probably expose capability flags from the kernel
driver (similar to AP U-APSD) and wpa_supplicant could advertise
support through dbus or something similar.

Arik