WPS ER: Enrolle not getting connected

Jouni Malinen j
Fri May 27 09:14:44 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 05:53:49PM +0530, soumya.sardar at wipro.com wrote:
> Problem: Enrollee is not getting connected using wpa_supplicant 0.7.3 as external registrar.

Could you please send a verbose debug log (-dd on the wpa_supplicant
command line) showing this full sequence? I would also recommend running
a test with the current hostap.git (0.8.x) snapshot since there has been
some WPS ER fixes after the 0.7.3 release.

> 8)      But the process failed with bad response from the AP.
> a.       HTTP: Error 500 from 192.168.1.1:80
> b.      WPS ER: SetSelectedRegistrar failed

There is not enough information to figure out what caused this. I would
like to see the debug log and ideally, also a packet capture between the
ER and the AP (e.g., Wireshark running on the host that runs
wpa_supplicant).

> Also I have one query. For the above steps, nowhere we are giving AP PIN to create the first  sync up between the external registrar and the AP. So am I missing any step here?

In theory, this is not a required step if you are loading the AP
settings into the ER in some other ways. Though, in practice you will
most likely want to run wps_er_learn with the AP PIN prior to running
wps_er_pin (i.e., wps_er_start, wps_er_learn, wps_er_pin).