WPS ER: Enrolle not getting connected
soumya.sardar at wipro.com
Fri May 20 05:23:49 PDT 2011
Problem: Enrollee is not getting connected using wpa_supplicant 0.7.3 as external registrar.
1) Built wpa_supplicant 0.7.3 with CONFIG_WPS_ER=y on ubuntu linux laptop
2) AP is Linksys WRT120N router(with WPS and UPnP support) and Enrollee is wpa_supplicant 0.6.10 running on a Android mobile.
3) In the laptop , started external register with "wpa_supplicant -Dnone -c er.conf -ieth0 " after bringing both the laptop and the AP in the same lan.
4) Executed "wps_er_start". Laptop received SSDP discovery from the AP, with following prints. (log attached)
a. WPS ER: Received SSDP from 192.168.1.1
b. WPS ER: AP discovered: http://192.168.1.1:80/igd.xml (packet source: 192.168.1.1 max-age: 60)
c. WPS ER: Added AP entry for 192.168.1.1 (http://192.168.1.1:80/igd.xml)
d. HTTP: Send client request to 192.168.1.1:80 (153 of 153 bytes remaining)
e. HTTP: Full client request sent to 192.168.1.1:80
f. HTTP: Response OK from 192.168.1.1:80
5) To register enrollee PIN, executed "WPS_ER_PIN 12345678-1234-1234-1234-9021550cb400 12345670" with following prints.
a. WPS: A new PIN configured (timeout=300)
b. WPS: UUID - hexdump(len=16): 12 34 56 78 12 34 12 34 12 34 90 21 55 0c b4 00
c. WPS: PIN - hexdump_ascii(len=8): [REMOVED]
d. WPS: Selected registrar information changed
e. WPS: Internal Registrar selected (pbc=0)
6) Also entered the same pin from the enrollee wpa_cli prompt using "wps_pin AP_BSSID 12345670"
7) Saw HTTP client request going to AP with the data.
a. HTTP: Send client request to 192.168.1.1:80 (579 of 579 bytes remaining)
b. HTTP: Full client request sent to 192.168.1.1:80
8) But the process failed with bad response from the AP.
a. HTTP: Error 500 from 192.168.1.1:80
b. WPS ER: SetSelectedRegistrar failed
Can you please tell me where I am going wrong in this external registrar setup?
Also I have one query. For the above steps, nowhere we are giving AP PIN to create the first sync up between the external registrar and the AP. So am I missing any step here?
Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.
WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Hostap