controlling AP configuration in P2P GO mode

Johannes Berg johannes
Wed Jul 20 01:42:13 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 11:30 +0300, Arik Nemtsov wrote:

> Currently when wpa_supplicant operates as a GO, there's no way to
> manually configure some AP parameters. There are some non-mandatory
> features that come to mind (11n support, maximum number of stations,
> ...) that can change between cards.

We have a patch there that automatically enables 11n support and the max
# of stations should really be taken from the driver and device
capabilities instead.

Would you want to explicitly _not_ enable HT?

All these settings are useful in a hostapd scenario where you might not
want to fully utilise your hardware, but for P2P I think it should be
more automatic.

johannes