controlling AP configuration in P2P GO mode

Arik Nemtsov arik
Wed Jul 20 01:30:39 PDT 2011

Hey All,

Currently when wpa_supplicant operates as a GO, there's no way to
manually configure some AP parameters. There are some non-mandatory
features that come to mind (11n support, maximum number of stations,
...) that can change between cards.

The quickest solution for this would be to allow wpa_supplicant users
to specify a hostapd.conf file path when operating as a GO. This can
be done as a cmdline parameter or a line in wpa_supplicant.conf. It's
also basically a one liner - just replace hostapd_config_defaults()
with hostapd_config_read() in wpa_supplicant_create_ap(). I was
thinking about submitting an RFC that does just that (cmdline
parameter).

Using the ctrl_interface (p2p_set) for this seems overly complicated -
We'll have to make sure each setting takes effect after it is set.

Other thoughts/suggestions?

Regards,
Arik