operation of GO after group formation in p2p

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Jul 15 01:30:03 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 01:33:49PM +0800, Huijun Gan wrote:
> Do you mean, with nl80211 interface, wpa_supplicant handles probe req
> not only in listen state, but also after GO formation for GO?  So, as
> for p2p GO,
> driver/firmware is just responsible for building and sending beacons or other
> mlme operations(auth/associate), and it should pass probe req frames to
> user space transparently?

At the moment, there is an assumption that with nl80211 interface,
wpa_supplicant (or hostapd for that matter) processing Probe Request,
Authentication, and (Re)Association Request frames in AP mode (including
P2P GO). This will change shortly to allow other driver designs to be
used, though.

> Another question, I am working with the kernel version 2.6.34, I found that
> probe_req_report is not supported in this kernel, and kernel 2.6.39 can
> handle it. Shoud I transfer to the later one to test p2p?

Yes, 2.6.34 is likely to be way too old for P2P functionality.