Smartcard/fingerprint based configuration for wpa_supplicant

Panagiotis Georgopoulos panos
Tue Jul 12 05:16:19 PDT 2011

Hello all,

               Here are some explorative questions, so please bear with me J

               * How would I go on and configure a smartcard and/or
fingerprint based authentication on wpa_supplicant?

* Which of the EAP methods in a WPA2 Enterprise scheme are more suitable for
a smartcard and which for a fingerprint based authentication? I would assume
that certain EAP methods are more suitable than others, since for example a
smartcard could have a client's certificate whereas a fingerprint couldn't.

* Is there any particular model of a  smartcard or fingerprint hardware that
someone has used successfully on Linux (Ubuntu if possible) and can
recommend?

Thanks a lot,

Panos