wpa_supplicant: IBSS/RSN and node reboot

Antonio Quartulli ordex
Mon Dec 19 12:59:49 PST 2011

Hello guys,

I'm trying to make IBSS/RSN work in various scenarios.

In particular I'm now
focussing on the simple case of two nodes (say A and B) which get in sync and
where one of them (say B) suddenly reboots. After this event B tries to
renegotiate the key but, A (which didn't delete A's state since it haven't
received any IBSS_PEER_REMOVE) will drop its EAPOL packets due to wrong
replay_counter..is there any way to workaround this issue? Actually, since A is
never going to receive the IBSS_PEER_REMOVE (because A and B are again the same
IBSS), A is not going to delete/reinitiate B's state machine.

First of all I hope that what I wrote is correct :)
and Second, I hope to find a plausible solution to this problem and to write a
patch :-)

Best regards

--
Antonio Quartulli