Upgrade Karmic to wpa_supplicant 0.7.x

Curtis Larsen curtlarsen
Sat Mar 27 00:11:45 PDT 2010

> The current development tree has a new parameter, freq_list, that can be
> used to specify a list of allowed frequencies. If that is set, only
> matches from the specified frequencies are considered when selecting the
> BSS.

This would be fantastic!  Is the development version available for
download?  If so, where?  The last version I downloaded was
wpa_supplicant-0.7.1.tar.gz , but "freq_list" does not work with that
version.  I get the following error:

clarsen at system76-pc:~/Desktop/wpa_sup/wpa_supplicant-0.7.1/wpa_supplicant$
sudo ./wpa_supplicant -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/WIFI.conf -i wlan0 -D
nl80211 -d
Initializing interface 'wlan0' conf '/etc/wpa_supplicant/WIFI.conf'
driver 'nl80211' ctrl_interface 'N/A' bridge 'N/A'
Configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant/WIFI.conf' ->
'/etc/wpa_supplicant/WIFI.conf'
Reading configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant/WIFI.conf'
Line 6: unknown network field 'freq_list'.

Thanks,

Curtis