Upgrade Karmic to wpa_supplicant 0.7.x

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Mar 26 22:59:45 PDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:43:53PM -0600, Curtis Larsen wrote:
> I have setup the same SSID named "WIFI" at home on both 5ghz and
> 2.4ghz bands of a dual radio AP.  My laptop will still only connect to
> 2.4ghz.  It appears to me that the scan_freq=5825 parameter has no
> effect.

It does have effect on the scan requests that wpa_supplicant requests
for finding a suitable BSS. However, it is possible that some other scan
requests end up populating the BSS table with APs from other channels,
too.

The current development tree has a new parameter, freq_list, that can be
used to specify a list of allowed frequencies. If that is set, only
matches from the specified frequencies are considered when selecting the
BSS.