Re: nl80211 driver problem

Renjith G gopinadhanrenjith
Wed Jul 14 10:56:34 PDT 2010

Pleasegive ::hostapd ddd /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf and paste the debug information Original message From:"Alan Jachimiak"< aljachimiak at gmail.com >Date: 14 Jul 10 22:19:00Subject: nl80211 driver problemTo: hostap at lists.shmoo.comHello:Mailing list newb here... please forgive me if I breech protocol or if I've hit a subject that's been covered many times...When I type the command[root at Joshiba ajachimiak]# hostapd /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf I get the following output:ioctl[SIOCGIFFLAGS]: No such device nl80211 driver initialization failed. rmdir[ctrlinterface]: No such file or directory I'm running:Fedora 12 Kernel Linux 2.6.32.14127.fc12.i686 If it helps I have a Linksys WRTG 54 card that works fine for wireless access to another AP...If you provide terminal commands I should be able to wade through this problem.If you just tell me to tweak my kernel or something to that effect  I will get lost. Thanks!Al Get Yourself a cool, short @in.com Email ID now!