PEAP and IP/mask/gateway/dns attributes from RADIUS

Jouni Malinen j
Sun Dec 26 02:09:16 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 04:34:17PM +0300, newuse at qip.ru wrote:
> Hi all, I have find out that RADIUS server could also send Framed-Route, MS-Primary-DNS-Server, MS-Secondary-DNS-Server, Framed-IP-Address  attributes. And could  hostapd correctly handel with this attributes? I mean could hostapd send DHCP-like reply to AP-clients with this parameters?

hostapd does not implement DHCP functionality nor use of these RADIUS
attributes. Supporting this would require that there is a DHCP server on
the AP and that hostapd would parse these attributes and configure them
to the server. This could be done either with a standalone DHCP servber
that has a suitable mechanism for setting these parameters or by adding
DHCP server functionality into hostapd. Either way, this would need some
implementation work to get working.