PEAP and IP/mask/gateway/dns attributes from RADIUS

newuse at qip.ru newuse
Thu Dec 23 06:47:57 PST 2010

> newuse at qip.ru wrote:

> > Hi all, I have find out that RADIUS server could also send Framed-Route, MS-Primary-DNS-Server, MS-Secondary-DNS-Server, Framed-IP-Address  attributes. And could  hostapd correctly handel with this attributes? I mean could hostapd send DHCP-like reply to AP-clients with this parameters?

> > I was trying to setup FreeRADIUS:

> ..

> > But windows wi-fi client could not get network address :(

>   It will not work.  Access points don't send that information to the

> supplicant, even if it is in the Access-Accept.

>   You *must* use DHCP.

>   Alan DeKok.

OK, sorry for offtop, but how (and what version of DHCP-Server) should I setup? What of DHCP servers could accept this parameters from Radius-server....

I have to use FreeRADIUS 1.x.x , and it doesn't  have build-in DHCP server :(

PS: Cisco APs couldhandel right with this attributes....

Sorry for my English.

Best Regards,
Alex from Russia.