WPA_SUPPLICANT: How to give the path of certificates in Windows Mobile

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Aug 26 05:27:42 PDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 04:43:56PM +0530, Vijay Swami wrote:
>    I am facing one stupid problem. I have ported the WPA_SUPPLICANT on
> Windows Mobile. I am using HTC Touch  Pro for testing. I have installed the
> test certificates on device. I can see installed certificates in
> Settings->All Settings->System->Certificates->Root. I am not able to give
> the proper path of that certificates in the code For that i am
> getting following error:

> OpenSSL: __func__ not defined - SSL_use_certificate_file (DER) failed
> error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory

What path did you use with the certificate? Is the certificate in the
certificate store instead of a file in the file system? Currently,
wpa_supplicant supports Windows certificate store for loading CA
certificates. In other words, you can set ca_cert parameter to
"cert_store://CA" or "cert_store://ROOT" (etc.) based on where you have
the CA certificate(s). As far as client certificate and private key are
concerned, you can use cert:// or hash:// prefixes in private_key (note:
client_cert is left out from configuration). Take a look at
wpa_supplicant.conf for more information on how to select which
certificate/private key is used.