WPS in wpa supplicant

santosh kumar upadhyaya upadhyayasantosh
Fri Oct 23 05:30:45 PDT 2009

Hi,
I am trying to use wps in wpa supplicant from linux ubuntus laptop.

I am using wpa supplicant version 0.6.9.

But I am not able to connect to the AP.
I did the following things.

1> Compiled wpa_supplicant_0.6.0 with config_wps=y in .config file
2> In wpa_supplicant.conf file , I have wps_cred_processing=0 .
    There is no network block.
3> load the binary and run from command prompt by
    sudo cp wpa_cli wpa_supplicant /usr/local/bin
and then
    sudo wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iwlan0 -c//home/lab-user/Desktop /wps/wpa_supplicant-0.6.9/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -d

4> Then generated the pin by wpa_cli wps_pin