WPS:external WLAN Manager Registrars

Andriy Tkachuk andriy.v.tkachuk
Thu Oct 22 07:51:59 PDT 2009

On 2009-10-22 07:54, Jouni Malinen wrote:
>> 2)Is there any patches available to support external WLAN Manager
>> Registrars?
>>

> No and I'm not aware of any plans to do so either in the future. As far
> as I can tell, no WPS implementation supports this part of the
> specification.

Jouni, could you elaborate, what part of specification do you mean here
which hostapd do not support?

As far as I understood from the spec, WLAN Manager Registrar is the
registrar which may change AP security settings (at least), and I
thought that hostapd support this. Am I missing something?

In README-WPS there is written:
> In addition, WPS Enrollee functionality in hostapd can be used to
> allow external WPS Registrars to configure the access point, e.g., for
> initial network setup.
Only for initial network setup? Does it mean that a new external
registrar (AP may work with several external registrars at the same
time) won't be able to reconfigure the AP?

Thank you,
    Andriy