EAPOL Key Timeout 1/4

Daniel Rönnqvist kdronnqvist
Wed Oct 21 00:01:07 PDT 2009

Hi again,

when running hostapd (nl80211/bcm4306 on a ppc mac) with kernel 2.6.30
it works kind of ok. One of my two laptops at home can connect and
that's the one usually having better connection to any AP (stronger
signal). The other one can connect but will get disconnected after a
few minutes. Both are WinXP.

When running with kernel 2.6.31 it wont work at all, the EAPOL keys
are only rarely seen going out on wlan0 when I use tshark. If they go
out they are answered by the client (verified with wireshark on
client) but the response is never seen on the AP side. This was my
problem when I first posted this issue.

With and 2.6.32-rc I get kernel scheduler errors in my dmesg and soon
after starting to send traffic over the wlan the machine crashes, it's
an RC after all.

So going back to 2.6.30 kind of solves my problem, except for one of
my XP machines but I can't really blame hostapd for that, can I? ;)

Just thought I would let you know if there's anyone having the same problem.

BR,
Daniel