BUG? I can reproduce "Association request to the driverfailed"at will

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Oct 13 07:26:19 PDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 01:36:37PM +0200, Marcin Marzec wrote:
> > Are trying to use AP or station (or both)?
> Both, i have 2 AP on hostapd with ath5k (from 2.6.31 kernel) and STA with
> wpa_supplicant (also ath5k).

I haven't tested ath5k AP functionality recently, so I don't know what
to expect there. Anyway, if the AP mode works in general (i.e., without
802.11r), I would expect 802.11r to work, too. However, the STA case is
going to be more difficult..

> So what you propose instead of using mac80211, or maybe some roaming cases
> are working to make simple transition from one AP to another with 802.11r
> functionality (im trying to roam STA with WPA-PSK security).

At this point, I would expect that you will end up having to debug
kernel code if you want to test 802.11r.. In other words, I cannot point
you to any specific driver or roaming case that would be expected to
work without issues.