[patch] WPS: support WEP keys in hex characters format in received credentials

Jouni Malinen j
Tue Feb 17 23:14:42 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:20:42AM -0500, Dan Williams wrote:

> I assume there's no support for passphrases in the standard at all?
> Since a 10 or 26 character hexadecimal WEP key is also a valid 104-bit
> WEP passphrase (using the md5 hash method).  If passphrases _were_
> supported by WPS, this patch wouldn't handle that case.

That sounds like a vendor specific construction for setting static WEP
keys. Where is it defined? Anyway, no, that is not needed for WPS. For
some silly reason, it allows both ASCII(?) and hex presentations of the
40 or 104-bit WEP key there are no additional formats that should be
supported.