[patch] WPS: support WEP keys in hex characters format in received credentials

Dan Williams dcbw
Tue Feb 17 08:20:42 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 10:31 +0200, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 08:58:56PM +0200, Andriy Tkachuk wrote:
>
> > Attached patch makes wpa_supplicant support WEP keys in hex characters
> > format in received credentials from Registrars (tested with WRT610N).
>
> Thanks, applied.

I assume there's no support for passphrases in the standard at all?
Since a 10 or 26 character hexadecimal WEP key is also a valid 104-bit
WEP passphrase (using the md5 hash method).  If passphrases _were_
supported by WPS, this patch wouldn't handle that case.

Dan