rt61 device works in master mode with hostapd 0.6.4 but not 0.6.7 or 0.7.0

Cengiz Günay cengique
Sun Feb 15 13:24:28 PST 2009

In a related note, I once forgot to enable nl80211 in the .config file and
when I run hostapd, instead of giving an error indicating the driver is
missing, it simply says 'cannot set country code'. It is quite confusing and
misleading.

-Cengiz

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Cengiz G?nay <cengique at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, then I'll pass the info to the rt2x00 people.
>
> -Cengiz
>

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 03:39:06PM -0500, Cengiz G?nay wrote:
>>
>> > I have been using hostapd 0.6.4 for my rt61 PCI device since about
>> October
>> > with no problems. Recently I upgraded both the kernel drivers for rt2x00
>> and
>> > hostapd and I can no longer get the master mode working. I would
>> appreciate
>> > if you have any insights on how I can upgrade to recent versions of
>> hostapd
>> > without breaking my configuration.
>>
>> It looks like the new driver does not report TX status for management
>> frames sent by hostapd. This is required to be able to implement
>> association processing correctly in AP mode.
>>
>> --
>> Jouni Malinen                                            PGP id EFC895FA

Cengiz Gunay
--
Postdoctoral Fellow
Prinz Lab, Dept. of Biology, Emory University