'SET_NETWORK 0 psk "1234567890"' command timed out

Pujeri, Prabhakar c_ppujer
Tue Dec 29 19:43:19 PST 2009

I don't know how GUI works but control interface uses  socket to connect wpa_supplicant
And whatever command we set through socket sometimes it gives "not able to connect" but not time out because of socket
our configuration setting start  works when we send enable_network command

if GUI works on same principle then check connection between supplicant and control interface(GUI interface )

And timeout comes in many situations like scan request time out etc it depends on driver response

Wpa_supplicant.c you can see wpa_supplicant_req_scan()

-----Original Message-----
From: root [mailto:belle.shi at yy.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2009 6:10 PM
To: hostap at lists.shmoo.com
Cc: Pujeri, Prabhakar
Subject: RE:RE: 'SET_NETWORK 0 psk "1234567890"' command timed out

"Pujeri, Prabhakar" wrote:

> Not necessary to write wpa_supplicant configuration file you can send commands through control interface
> Run supplicant like wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c /etc/config_file.conf -B

    thanks for your reply, but maybe you misunderstood me, what you tell
me is to use wpa_cli,and i used the wpa_gui, but in the real action,they
all use the command "set_network 0 ******"
    and my question is when i use the wpa_gui to edit/add network,
sometimes the command will appears time out,then there is a network
block which only have disabled=1 the configuration file, then the
wpa_suppliant will works in a abnormal way.
     what i want to know what makes the time out happen? is it related
to the driver? my main aim is to avoid the network block(only have
disabled=1) in the wpa_suppliant.conf, thanks again