'SET_NETWORK 0 psk "1234567890"' command timed out

Pujeri, Prabhakar c_ppujer
Tue Dec 29 10:06:08 PST 2009

Not necessary to write wpa_supplicant configuration file you can send commands through control interface
Run supplicant like wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c /etc/config_file.conf -B

Where config file contains only two lines
Control_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
Update_config=1

After this you can use wpa_cli commands to config your network and if you want to save that config in /etc/config_file.conf then use wpa_cli save_config

OPEN MODE
wpa_cli -iwlan0 remove_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 add_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 proto WPA
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 key_mgmt NONE
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 ssid '"linksys"'
wpa_cli -iwlan0 enable_network 0

WPA TKIP
wpa_cli -iwlan0 remove_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 add_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 ssid '"linksys"'
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 key_mgmt WPA-PSK
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 psk '"1234567890"'
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 pairwise TKIP
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 group TKIP
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 proto WPA
wpa_cli -iwlan0 enable_network 0

WPA AES
wpa_cli -iwlan0 remove_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 add_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 ssid '"linksys"'
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 key_mgmt WPA-PSK
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 psk '"1234567890"'
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 pairwise CCMP
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 group CCMP
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 proto WPA
wpa_cli -iwlan0 enable_network 0

WPA2 TKIP
wpa_cli -iwlan0 remove_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 add_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 ssid '"linksys"'
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 key_mgmt WPA-PSK
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 psk '"1234567890"'
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 pairwise TKIP
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 group TKIP
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 proto RSN
wpa_cli -iwlan0 enable_network 0

WPA2 AES
wpa_cli -iwlan0 remove_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 add_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 ssid '"linksys"'
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 key_mgmt WPA-PSK
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 psk '"1234567890"'
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 pairwise CCMP
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 group CCMP
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 proto RSN
wpa_cli -iwlan0 enable_network 0

WPA/WPA2 TKIP/AES
wpa_cli -iwlan0 remove_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 add_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 ssid '"linksys"'
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 key_mgmt WPA-PSK
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 psk '"1234567890"'
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 pairwise CCMP TKIP
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 group CCMP TKIP
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 proto WPA RSN
wpa_cli -iwlan0 enable_network 0

WEP
wpa_cli -iwlan0 remove_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 add_network 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 ssid '"netgear_win"'
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 key_mgmt NONE
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 wep_key0 1234567890
wpa_cli -iwlan0 set_network 0 wep_tx_keyidx 0
wpa_cli -iwlan0 enable_network 0