I have a wireless problem but where to go with it?

Wendell Nichols wcn00
Thu Sep 25 10:51:24 PDT 2008

I have a lenovo thinkpad t61p with an intel wireless 4965 bgn type
card.  It runs suse 11.0 and everything is acceptable except wireless.
It runs from 12 to 72 hrs before it goes down and will not restart.
Sometimes I can get it to restart by unloading the driver and reloading
it... usually not.  I have to boot!  galling.

So I enabled the debug in the kernel driver, and added the debug flags
to the supplicant config.  I have the wpa_supplicant log, dmesg, and the
last x lines from messages.  the NetworkManager log got deleted (zero
lines) at the time of the failure... but I dont' know if its related.
So what do I do with these logs?  I'm actually a software engineer but I
can't tell whats going on in them.  All the messages look like errors to me!

wcn