Using hostapd in Astlinux

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx
Sun Aug 10 14:50:32 PDT 2008

Hi.

I'm one of the maintainers of the upcoming Astlinux 0.5 distro, and I'm
trying to get some canned configurations working with hostapd (0.5.10)
that we can ship.

We'll try to upgrade to 0.6 after we ship this new release.

My questions are about having multiple WLAN cards, or having a single
WLAN card but running multiple BSSID's on it, with each BSSID having
it's own associated wired network, radio interface, VLAN # (optionally),
authentication method, and authentication credentials (WEP or WPA
keys/passphrases).  We'd also like to be able to control things like
whether broadcast SSIDs are on or off.

I'm not a Wifi guru, so I'd appreciate some assistance coming up with
the canned configs (the end-user will select one of these canned configs
via a menu).

Is what we're trying to do plausible?  Are there any existing sample
configs we could use as a starting point?

Thanks,

-Philip