Hostapd and mac80211

Johannes Berg johannes
Thu Oct 25 06:27:01 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 10:12 +0200, Guillaume Chevillot wrote:

> I do not know if my judgment was good

You don't need the powerpc related stuff :)

> but it now compiles and hostapd
> start whith my wireless card.

Good.

> Of course, hostapd complains with many errors

Right, that is expected.

> and for the moment the
> only thing that work is the AP stuff (I can see and associate with the
> AP) but the networking stuff still not working unable to have one IP
> packet working.

That's weird. I haven't tested in a long time though so maybe something
broke. I'll git it a try one of these days.

> Juste for info my hostapd logs :

> [...]

seems pretty normal given the ioctl removal

> Just one question, is it plan that your patches will be reintegrate in a
> kernel tree ? After 2.6.24, I presume when other modes will be stable.

Yes. But not all of them are suitable, some are temporary "make it work"
hacks.

johannes