wpa_supplicant minimal size

Jouni Malinen j
Thu Nov 22 11:12:37 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 08:42:58PM -0800, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> CONFIG_NO_STDOUT_DEBUG=y
> CONFIG_NO_AES_EXTRAS=y
> CFLAGS += -Os
>
> with gcc 4.1.2 for x86 produced a 61936 byte text segment (68120 bytes
> stripped binary size) when using the current 0.6.x version.

I added some more options for reducing code size into the development
tree. The size of the text segment dropped to 59100 bytes with that
configuration and in addition, following options can (if they are
suitable for the target system) be used to drop the text segment size to
52424 bytes:

CONFIG_NO_CONFIG_WRITE=y
CONFIG_NO_CONFIG_BLOBS=y
CONFIG_NO_WPA_PASSPHRASE=y
CONFIG_NO_SCAN_PROCESSING=y

(these are described in the defconfig file)