~300 bytes length packet encoding problem

Jouni Malinen j
Sat May 12 09:50:46 PDT 2007

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 05:26:58PM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:

> Using wpa_supplicant I cannot reproduce this either. I recommended
> reporter comes here as DHCP message sizes shouldn't affect wireless
> operation, so I'm pretty sure it's not a dhcpcd bug, but maybe
> something dhcpcd triggers.

I would also be surprised if this were a dhcpcd bug. Packet sizes can
affect wireless operations, especially so, when packets are being
fragmented. However, figuring out what happened would require knowing
all the configuration options used for the wireless interface. At least
the default values in the driver (no fragmentation) seemed to work fine
in my tests.