Retransmission of RADIUS Access-Request messages

Jouni Malinen j
Wed May 9 19:48:13 PDT 2007

On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 08:24:39PM -0700, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> The RADIUS server implementation in the current hostapd version does not
> have duplicate processing (radius_server.c has a TODO comment on this in
> radius_server_request() function). Because of this, the re-transmitted
> frame is passed to EAP server again and that is discarding duplicates.

I added support for re-transmitting the previous reply in case of
duplicate RADIUS packets are received to the current hostapd 0.6.x
development branch. This fixed the issue where retransmissions from
RADIUS clients were causing EAP authenticator to fail.