Need help for PEAP and EAP-TLV

Jouni Malinen j
Sat Mar 24 15:23:14 PDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 11:40:30AM +0100, Simon Rich - ERNW wrote:

> But I only want to use the PEAP and EAP-TLV functionallity. Is there a
> good (and fast) way to extract these functionallity because im reading
> the source code now for nearly a week and I didn`t see any way without
> to use the hole programm. What I want to have is a function where I can
> data put in and the PEAP and EAP-TLV is build around these data. With
> these PEAP data I want to go on in my own programm, like sending it over
> LAN (I want to build the sending and reciving functionallity on my own,
> beause I want it to send not in that ways what the supplicant provide).
> Maybe there is way to use the eap state machine (which is implementet in
> the supplicant, as I understand) but I must have admission to control
> the Input data for PEAP and EAP-TLV and the sending functions on the
> socket layer.

Yes, using the EAP state machine and PEAP peer implementation from
wpa_supplicant would be the best interface for doing something like
this. Your program would need to provide "EAPOL interface" by
implementing functions defined in struct eapol_callbacks (in eap.h) and
call eap_peer_sm_step() whenever state variables change. eapol_sm.c is
an example on how this can be done.